As numerous customers have shown, the ED80’s short focal length and superb apochromatic optics make it a great telescope for astrophotography. And now we’ve coupled it with a state-of-the-art equatorial GoTo mount that provides the stability and precision control needed to capture beautiful deep-sky images. The ED80 sports a multi-coated 80mm objective lens doublet of 600mm focal length (f/7.5). One lens element is crafted from extra-low dispersion (ED) FPL-53 optical glass from Japan. This high-grade glass greatly reduces the chromatic aberration that causes color fringing around bright objects in standard achromats. The 2″ Crayford-style focuser accepts both 2″ and 1.25″ accessories. Astrophotography and observing are made effortless by the Sirius EQ-G GoTo mount. The included GoTo hand controller contains a database of 42,900 objects.
- The Orion ED80 refractor’s short focal length and superb apochromatic optics make it a great telescope for astrophotography and visual use
- The included Sirius EQ-G GoTo equatorial telescope mount and tripod supports the ED80 refractor with strength to spare for accomodation of additional astrophotography gear
- The ED80 sports a multi-coated 80mm objective lens doublet of 600mm focal length (f/7.5) made with extra-low dispersion FPL-53 ED glass for great visual and astrophotographic performance
- The state-of-the-art Sirius EQ-G GoTo mount contains a computerized database of 42,900 celestial objects to explore and photograph
- Includes 8×40 finder scope for easy aiming, 25mm Sirius Plossl 1.25″ eyepiece, 1.25″ prism star diagonal, telescope tube rings, Starry Night astronomy software, and more