For beginning stargazers who want a starter telescope capable of providing more oomph, more performance than a traditional 60mm refractor, we present the Orion Observer II 70mm Altazimuth Refractor Telescope. Compared to a 60mm refractor, the Observer II 70mm Refractor can reveal an even greater variety of stellar gems and provide greater resolution of old favorites like the Moon, Jupiter, Saturn, and the Orion Nebula. The Observer II 70 Equatorial Refractor is easy for anyone in the family to operate, and its affordable price makes it a great telescope to start with as you discover the rewarding hobby of amateur astronomy. The Orion Observer II 70 EQ Refractor Telescope features a multi-coated, achromatic glass objective lens that’s 70mm in diameter, with a focal length of 700mm (f/10). This glass lens takes in 36% more light than a 60mm lens for brighter, clearer views. Bottom line: you’ll see more than you would through telescope with a smaller aperture.The included altazimuth mount offers intuitive up/down (altitude) and left/right (azimuth) motion to make maneuvering the telescope easy. The Observer II 70mm Refractor Telescope comes with everything you need to start observing the night sky right away. Two included telescope eyepieces, a 25mm and 10mm Kellner, provide two different magnification options right out of the box! Each eyepiece features anti-reflection coating to help optimize your observations of the night sky. We recommend starting with the 25mm ocular to obtain wide, 28x views. Then for closer looks, you can boost the power all the way up to 70x by using the 10mm telescope eyepiece. An included accessory tray for the tripod provides a convenient spot to keep your eyepieces ready for action. The included red-dot sight makes aiming the telescope nice and easy. Use the included Orion MoonMap 260 to identify interesting craters and other features you see through the Observer II 70mm Refractor Telescope.
- A great choice for beginners, this 70mm refractor telescope will introduce you to the wonders of the night sky
- 70mm (2.75″) aperture and 700mm focal length telescope provides great views of bright night-sky objects such as star clusters and cloudy nebulas
- Ideal for observing the Moon, bright planets like Jupiter, Saturn and Mars, and bright star clusters
- The included altazimuth telescope mount provides smooth up/down and left/right panning motion, and the adjustable-height tripod helps make your viewing sessions comfortable
- Complete telescope comes with 25mm and 10mm 1.25″ Kellner eyepieces, red-dot sight, 1.25″ rack and pinion focuser, 90-degree star diagonal, and the Orion MoonMap 260