When you want close-up views of distant objects, but have limited space for optical gear, a quality monocular is your best bet. Sometimes, a binocular or spotting scope is simply too large and cumbersome to bring along on family trips to the beach, sports games, or on camping excursions to scenic locations. The Orion 10×42 Waterproof Monocular is conveniently compact and portable, so you can enjoy magnified views of distant wildlife, birds, scenery, sporting events, and even the Moon without packing a lot of bulky equipment. What’s more, its rugged, rubber-armored body and waterproof construction make the Orion 10×42 Monocular ideal for use in virtually any weather conditions. The Orion 10×42 Waterproof Monocular is advantageously small in size, but it provides big optical performance thanks to its 42mm aperture objective lens and quality BK-7 roof prism. All optical surfaces of the 10×42 Waterproof Monocular are fully multi-coated to ensure maximum light throughput so you can enjoy bright, vivid views, even in low-light conditions during dusk and pre-dawn hours. The monocular’s wide 5.9 degree field of view provides a nicely sized window with 10x power magnification, so it’s easy to track moving target objects during use. But what if that bird you’re looking at decides to land on the very tree you’re standing under? Not to worry -the Orion 10×42 Monocular features an amazing near focus distance of just 20-Inches – more than adequate for viewing even extremely close-by quarry with 10x power magnification. Eyeglass wearers will appreciate the Orion 10×42 Waterproof Monocular’s comfortable, 17mm long eye relief, as it allows you to leave corrective lenses on during use. For those who don’t wear glasses, or who prefer to remove them when using optical instruments, the 10×42 Monocular features a twist-up rubber eyeguard to help properly position your eye to take in the entire field of view comfortably.
- Compact and portable monocular perfect for hand-held scanning and magnified study of distant birds, wildlife, and scenery
- Waterproof rubber-armored construction for viewing in virtually any weather – but submersion or scuba diving is not recommended!
- Conveniently compact at just 6.1-Inches long, and lightweight at just 11 ounces
- Fully multi-coated 42mm diameter optics with anti-reflection coatings ensure maximum light throughput and bright, clear views
- Amazing close focus of just 20-Inches – view even up-close birds and objects with 10x power magnification