Discover the fun of daytime astronomy with an Orion Deluxe Safety Film Solar Filter. Orion’s complete line of Deluxe Safety Film Solar Filters feature renowned Baader Safety Film in a sturdy, clear-anodized aluminum cell. The high-quality polymer film material is metallized on both sides with an ion-deposited coating to form a safe barrier against all but 0.0001% of incoming sunlight to provide a clear, crisp view while rejecting harmful ultraviolet and infrared radiation. With exceptional resolution and superior contrast compared to Mylar and other solar filter materials, Orion Deluxe Safety Film Solar Filters display a natural, neutral white view of the Sun’s surface, without artificial tinting. Once attached to a telescope, these filters provide sharp, scatter-free views of sunspots, solar eclipses, planetary transits, solar granulation, and even white filamentary faculae – the latter of which cannot be seen with most other solar filters. Each Orion Deluxe Safety Film Solar Filter is mounted in a clear-anodized aluminum cell for exceptional durability and sturdiness. Three nylon thumbscrews on each rugged aluminum cell complement the press-fit foam lining to provide additional grip for safe and secure telescope attachment, without scratching. CAUTION: Never look at the Sun, either directly or through a telescope, without a professionally made protective solar filter installed that completely covers the front of the instrument, or permanent eye damage could result. Before using any telescope for solar observing, make sure to install all dust caps or other protective covers on all optical components such as finder scopes to keep sunlight from passing through them. Glancing through an uncovered optical system, even for an instant, can cause permanent eye damage. Always install protective caps on all optical instruments if left out during daylight hours. Baader is a trademark of Baader Planetarium GmbH.
- Explore the Sun safely through a telescope with this high-quality solar filter featuring Baader film in a sturdy aluminum cell
- Fits Orion Atlas 10, Sky Quest XT10, XT10i, XT10g, and 254mm f/4.7 OTA telescopes
- Each filter is mounted in a foam-lined, clear-anodized aluminum cell featuring three equidistant securing thumbscrews for secure telescope attachment
- This filter features an inside diameter of 12.13 inches – it is designed to fit optical tubes with an outer diameter of 11.88 inches to 12.13 inches with included shim materials and securing thumbscrews
- Note: All Orion solar filters are designed for use with an adequate friction fit attachment. Thumbscrews should only be used to keep filter securely in place once a friction fit has been achieved