Used most commonly for Telescopes and some Finders. Note, brands listed above are only a guide. Telescope manufacturers sometimes make changes to models so we strongly recommend the outside diameter (O.D.) of your instrument’s aperture tube be measured to be sure the correct filter is chosen. Choose the closest outer cell’s inner diameter (I.D.) size larger than the O.D. of your instrument. Example: part numbers BP4250, G4250, and S-4250 have an outer cell I.D. size of 4 1/4″. They will fit O.D. telescope measurements from 4″ to 4 3/16″. Do not choose a size the same as your O.D. since it will be too tight and not allow room for a felt lining. Ample felt is included for custom fitting. – We only sell Thousand Oaks Optical (TOO) solar filters, the leading manufacturer that has been making safe solar filters for 35 years. – Safely view the sun anytime, including during all phases of an eclipse with TOO solar filter sheets, lens filters, glasses, or viewers. TOO’s exclusive high quality substrates provide superior safety features, sharper solar images, and a pleasing orange solar image. All products meet CE requirements. Only TOO has CE and ISO certification. Safe for unlimited visual and photographic use. Transmission: 1/1,000th of 1% (Optical Density 5). – TOO products were exclusively chosen by NASA for use aboard the Space Shuttles. Other professional users include: ABC, BBC CBS, NBC, CNN, NOVA, The Discovery Channel, National Geographic, and most major universities and observatories throughout the world. TOO uses the latest technology for manufacturing and developing new products. Tens of thousands of their solar filters and millions of their solar eclipse viewers are used world wide.
- Measurements: (Clear Aperture size 152mm6.00″) (Outer Cell size 190mm7.50″ – This measurement should be 1/16″ – 1/4″ larger than the aperture tube of your telescope, finder, binocular, or dew shield lens holder’s outer diameter)
- (Type 2+) Glass made with high quality hand select glass coated with exclusive Solar II Plus coating, the most durable glass filter on the market
- Highest quality filtering material for observing and imaging sunspots and granulation through telescopes and binoculars; Solar image is yellow-orange
- Fits C-6, M- LXD-55 6″ S/NEWT, Vixen 150, AP-155 Telescopes and more
- WARNING: ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE SOLAR FILTER IS WELL ATTACHED TO YOUR INSTRUMENT BEFORE OBSERVING; USE ENCLOSED FELT PAD(S) TO ENSURE A SNUG FIT; REMEMBER, DO NOT VIEW THE SUN THROUGH AN UNPROTECTED FINDER SCOPE. MAKE SURE TO DETACH OR COVER YOUR FINDER SCOPE IF IT IS UNPROTECTED!