The new PowerTank Lithium keeps the charge going for the astronomer on the go. The Lithium Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery chemistry has significant advantages over other battery chemistries. – The LiFePO4 has an un-recharged shelf life of 10 years compared to 3 years for the Lithium Ion and 6-9 months for a Sealed Lead-Acid battery. – The battery performance of the PowerTank Lithium degrades at a much slower pace than other chemistries. – The LiFePO4 can be charged and discharged 2000 times compared to only 500 for a Lithium Ion battery and 300 for sealed lead-acid designs. – The batteries will last as long as the telescope you use it with! – The LiFePO4 uses phosphates instead of environmentally hazardous elements like cobalt or lead commonly found in other rechargeable batteries. – Can withstand higher temperatures than lithium-ion designs and will not be a fire danger if accidentally punctured. This combined with it’s rugged design make it the perfect outdoor power supply. Keep your telescopes, smartphones, tablets, GPS systems, cameras and other USB-powered devices as active as you are with PowerTank Lithium-the ideal outdoor portable-charging solution for your electronic gear.
- Portable power pack for your computerized Celestron telescope using Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry
- Smaller, lighter, safer, and easier to maintain than lithium-ion and sealed lead acid designs
- Up to 2000 charge cycles – four times more than lithium-ion & 7 times more than sealed lead-acid designs
- Un-recharged shelf life of up to 10 years – 3 times better than lithium-ion and 10 times better than sealed lead-acid designs
- Environmentally friendly – Does not use toxic heavy metals