Celestron’s innovative new EdgeHD telescopes are aplanatic Schmidt Cassegrain models designed to produce aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. Celestron EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt Cassegrain telescope. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today. Superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. With Celestron’s High Definition optics you will be able to capture the faintest of galaxies all the way to the corner of your full frame camera chip. Coupled with Celestron’s XLT coating group on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum. The EdgeHD tube has been redesigned with top-notch features to make sure you get the most from your optics each and every night. Mirror locks hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when rotating the tube around the mount. Flexible rods allow the mirror to be held in place without putting any force or pressure on the mirror, keeping the image centered in the eyepiece (or chip). Cooling tube vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Each vent has an integrated 60 micron mesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting dust in.
- Celestron 11″ aperture aplanatic Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope produces astrograph-quality flat focal plane
- EdgeHD coma-free Cassegrain optics and a built-in field flattener ensures sharp focus all the way to the edge of the field
- Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when rotating the tube around the mount
- Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror
- All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar compatible for imaging down to f/2 with optional accessories