This kit may be used with any telescope that accepts 1.25″ eyepieces and filters. It features 2 fully coated eyepieces; a 15 mm and a 6 mm Kellner. The 15 mm eyepiece will give a medium power but a wider field of view, while the 6 mm is higher power but gives a narrower field of view. There is a 2x doubling lens that will double the magnification of any eyepiece. The doubling lens has a built-on T-thread allowing a camera to be attached (t-ring required)Filters are a great enhancement for lunar and planet viewing. They reduce glare and increase contrast, definition and resolution. The colored filters are anti-reflection coated. The Blue Planetary Filter (#80A Light Blue 30% T) will improve the seeing of Jupiter’s Great Red Spot, give the polar ice caps of Mars more clarity and enhance the contrast between the belts and zones of Saturn. The Red Planetary Filter (#25 14% T) will bring out the beauty of Venus during daylight and Mercury at twilight by minimizing the brightness of the blue sky. The Moon Filter reduces the brightness of the moon and improves contrast allowing greater detail to be observed. The clear aperture of the Moon Filter is 21 mm and the transmission is about 18%.Cleaning Cloth and Case: Keep the micro-fiber cleaning cloth stashed in your Accessory Kit case so that it will always be handy. It’s much better to use a micro-fiber cloth on your optics than other wipes or tissue, as it does not leave a residue, and can be reused. Remember to blow or brush any dust particles off of your optics before rubbing them with the cloth.The black plastic carry case has die-cut foam inside to protect and cushion your accessories. Keep each one in its appointed place when not in use and you’ll keep them looking and performing like new.
- Micro fiber cloth safely cleans optics without scratching or leaving residue.
- 15 mm Kellner Eyepiece; 6 mm Plössl Eyepiece, carrying case fits all of the included items in the die-cut foam interior.
- 80A Blue Planetary Filter; 25 Red Planetary Filter; Moon Filter. Planetary filters enhance details on Jupiter, Saturn, Mars and Venus, moon filter allows detailed views of the Moon especially during the brighter phases.
- 2x Power Lens features t-threads to attach a camera to your telescope (with optional t-ring).
- Fully-coated eyepieces for higher magnification, 2x Power Lens will double the magnification of any eyepiece used with it.